All accepted contributions are included in the printed publications of the EIP 2016 Final Conference Program. The abstract book (including all accepted abstracts) are also available in digital format and are published by Cogent Medicine OA and made available on the Cogent Medicine website (https://www.cogentoa.com/article/10.1080/2331205X.2016.1265203.pdf), as well as on the EIP Conference website (http://conference.ineip.org/) and EIP Institute (www.ineip.org) websites. In addition, all abstracts will be uploaded and available through the Institute’s online library.
Click on the images to download the Abstracts Book
Given that the accepted abstracts will be published exactly in the form they are submitted, authors are kindly requested to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Language: English
- Abstract text word limit: 400 words (2000 characters, including spaces)
- Line spacing of the text: Single
- Abstract title typed in lowercase letters
The abstract should be divided into the following subsections, the subtitles should be typed in lowercase:
- Materials and Methods
The text may include standard abbreviations, tables, diagrams and photographs; as long as they stay within the page margins and that the total amount of words does not exceed the above mentioned limit (400 words). Please mark in your abstract’s text where a table, a diagram or a photo should be inserted and upload them as attachments in one of the system’s accepted formats (doc or pdf).
The 400 words limit does not include the abstract title and the names and/or affiliations of authors. Details of authors should not be added in the abstract field but in the available fields for authors’ details. Please make sure to tick the box for the presenting author.
Bear in mind that the Review Committee will evaluate all submitted abstracts and decide on the form of presentation (oral or poster) based on the preference stated in the system by the submitting author. If an author wishes his contribution to be reviewed for either options (poster or oral), he should ask for it though the authors comment field. The review committee will have the final decision on which topic category the contribution will be presented taking also in consideration the categories chosen by the author.
Abstract should be submitted under the following categories of which you can choose more than one:
- GENERAL PEDIATRICS
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- RARE DISEASES
- NUTRITION & DIETS
- GASTROENTEROLOGY & METABOLISM
- ENDOCRINOLOGY AND GROWTH
- ALLERGY – IMMUNOLOGY – PULMOLOGY
- PSYCHIATRY & NEURODEVELOPMENTAL PEDIATRICS
- ORTHOPEDICS, EMERGENCY, INJURIES & TRAUMA
- NEONATAL INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- NEONATAL NUTRITION
- PRETERM INFANT
- NEONATAL PRACTICE
- INFANT DEVELOPMENT
- ADOLESCENTS HEALTH OUTCOMES
- ADOLESCENTS HEALTH CHOICES
If you are presenting an oral podium presentation, you are kindly requested to observe the following points:
- Presentation should last a maximum of 7 minutes.
- Speakers are kindly requested to hand in their presentation (USB-key) at least one (1) hour before their scheduled presentation time.
- All versions of MS PowerPoint are accepted, including Mac. If you are using embedded video clips in your presentation, please remember to submit video files separately. The following audiovisual equipment will be available for all presenters: PC, Data video projector (PowerPoint presentations), Laser Pointer, Microphones
- Please declare any conflicts of interest at the beginning of your presentation.
- Please speak slowly and clearly. English is the working language of the Conference, but not necessarily the native language of the delegates.
Two poster viewing sessions will be included in the conference program, one for each of the first two days of the conference.
- If you are included in the 1st Poster Viewing Session, please post on the first day of the conference from 09.00 - 11.00 and remove / dismantle by the end of the day from 17.00 - 18.00
- If you are included in the 2nd Poster Viewing Session, please post on the second day of the conference from 09.00 - 11.00 and remove / dismantle by the end of the day from 17.00 - 18.00
If you are presenting a poster, you are kindly requested to observe the following points:
- English is the official language of the Conference.
- Each presenting author should be present on the time and date of his/her
- presentation in the poster area.
- You are expected to be standing in front of your poster for the duration of the poster session.
- During the poster session, a moderator will lead Poster Walk Presentations around all of the posters at that session.
- When the moderator visits your poster, you will be given 5 minutes to present the key points of your poster.
For Posters to be exhibited, please note the following:
- The necessary material for displaying the posters will be available in the poster area.
- Poster numbers will be displayed at the top of the panels.
- The corresponding poster panel number for each poster presented has been provided by the Conference Organisers, along with abstract presentation guidelines.
- Mounting and dismantling of posters will be done as specified in the information already sent to poster presenters by the Conference Organisers.
- Please note that posters should be 80 cm (wide) x 190 cm (tall) maximum (portrait layout).
- As a courtesy to other presenters, participants are kindly requested not to move or remove poster numbers or change the order of the assigned poster boards.
- It is essential that presenters clear their poster board promptly and within the scheduled time. Material left on a poster board after the removal deadline will be discarded.
- The Conference Organisers are not responsible for materials left behind or for any stolen or damaged materials.
The Excellence in Pediatrics Institute is committed to awarding excellence and promoting research and clinical initiatives, especially for young scientists and with a focus on the developing world. For further information about awards' opportunities during EiP 2016 please see below:
Abstracts submitted to EIP 2016 will be reviewed by the Review Committee and evaluated in terms of their appropriateness and scientific merit. The following EiP Awards are offered:
- Best Research Study Award
- Best Case Study Award
- Best Educational program Award
The presenting authors of the awarded abstracts are entitled to the following benefits:
- Honorary certificate
- Complimentary registration for the Excellence in Pediatrics 2017 Conference
- Complimentary 3 nights accommodation for the Excellence in Pediatrics 2017 Conference
If you wish to withdraw an abstract, please use the online system or contact EIP’s secretariat before 9 September 2016. Please contact the EiP Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries related to abstract submissions.